|Calvary Celebrates Brooklyn Milestone With Health Care Conference|
CALVARY HOSPITAL CELEBRATES BROOKLYN
MILESTONE WITH HEALTH CARE CONFERENCE
BRONX, NEW YORK, September 22, 2011 – Next month, Calvary will mark the 10th anniversary of its Brooklyn satellite at Lutheran Medical Center and all the services it offers in the borough, by sponsoring a special conference on:
Friday, October 28, 2011
The day will begin with an opening plenary session on how to access the continuum of Palliative Care. Workshops will also be offered on diverse topics such as pain management, psychiatric care of patients with advanced disease, the hospice benefit, caring for families, and caring for the caregiver.
8:30 AM to 3:15 PM
“Palliative Care, Hospice and End-of-Life Services”
New York Marriott Brooklyn
333 Adams Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
This conference is most appropriate for health care professionals (physicians, nurses, social workers, bereavement counselors, etc.). However, members of the public will also find the conference of interest. There is a $50 registration fee per person to attend this event.
• For further details, please call (718) 576-2809 or click here for the brochure and conference schedule.
• To register online, please go to www.calvaryhospital.org/brooklynconference
Making a Difference in Brooklyn
In the 10 years since Calvary opened the doors to its Brooklyn Campus in October 2001, Calvary has truly become part of the Brooklyn tapestry. To date, it has made a difference to the quality of life for the people of Brooklyn by:
• Providing their signature care to 4,000 patients at the Brooklyn Satellite;
• Caring for hundreds of men and women in their homes or select nursing home through the Calvary Home Hospice program; and
• Helping adults learn how to heal and live again with weekly Bereavement support groups in downtown Brooklyn. Calvary will be launching support groups for children and teens in the next few months.
For more information, call (718) 518-2300 (Inpatient) or (718) 518-2465 (Calvary@Home). To learn more, support the Calvary mission, or sign up for the free e-newsletter, Calvary Life, please go to www.calvaryhospital.org. A virtual tour in English or Spanish is available on the website.
Calvary Hospital is the nation’s only fully accredited acute care specialty hospital devoted exclusively to providing palliative care to adult advanced cancer patients. A 225-bed facility with locations in the Bronx and Brooklyn, Calvary is the model for the relief of cancer pain and symptoms for more than a century. More than 5,700 patients are cared for annually by Calvary’s inpatient, outpatient, home, hospice, nursing home hospice, and wound care services. To learn more or sign up for the e-newsletter, Calvary Life, please go to www.calvaryhospital.org