CONTINUING OUR TRADITION OF COMMITMENT, CARING AND COMPASSION
Calvary's Home Health Agency serves patients in the Bronx, Queens, northern Manhattan, and southern Westchester County.
Calvary offers home care to patients with all diagnoses. Most patients return to pre-illness function and are discharged to self-care within six to eight weeks.
All of our patients who we care for at home get the same level of high-quality and unique "Calvary care" as all of our inpatients.
How Can We Help?
The following services are available to patients and their families through Calvary’s Certified Home Health Agency.
(Please note that these services are not restricted to cancer patients.)
- nursing services
- Our Community Health Nurses provide nursing visits to patients in their homes.
- Specialized nursing is available such as enterostomal therapy.
- 24-Hour Telephone Access to RN (Registered Nurse) on-call.
- home health aide
- Provides assistance with personal care and other activities related to health care.
- nutritional services
- Calvary’s dietitians are available by phone to help in planning therapeutic nutritional management.
- therapy services
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- medical care
- Calvary Home Care staff will work closely with the patient’s own
physician to meet home health needs.
- Our staff has extensive knowledge of pain management.
- medical social work
- A full range of social work services are available to help patients and families cope with the problems of illness.
- Assistance in Medicaid application
- Assistance in long-term planning
- Referring Patients
- Referrals may be made by patients, family members, friends, hospital, clinics, physicians, other health care professionals and community agencies.
- To make a referral or to learn more about our services, please call (718) 430-9540.
- Part of the Calvary Continuum
How Is Home Care Paid For?
MANY HOME CARE SERVICES ARE COVERED BY:
- Medicare (certified)
- Medicaid (certified)
- Blue Cross and other commercial insurance
- Please call our office for further information
Fees available on request.
Please call our Intake Coordinator for further information.