In 2008, Altman invited Calvary, together with other Altman grantees, to a special training and information program about its grants process (see pictures above and below). There, we connected with the Big Apple Circus, and in July 2009, clowns from Big Apple participated in Camp Courageous, Calvary’s bereavement camp for children and teens. In this way, the Altman Foundation has had a major impact on Nursing Home Hospice, and on our bereavement program for young children and teens.
|We are grateful to Altman, and to every foundation that supports our special care and programs.
Recent Foundation Gifts
- The Altman Foundation, giving to Calvary since 1928. In 2009, we received $150,000 for the Nursing Home Hospice and Inpatient Level of Care programs of Calvary@Home.
- Cairo Family Foundation, $90,000 for general support of Calvary Hospital.
- Newman’s Own Foundations: $25,000 for Camp Courageous, providing bereavement support for young children and adolescents.
- Koch Foundation, $15,000 for Pastoral Care, including the new Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program.
- Alice Tully Foundation, $10,000 for Music Therapy.