Website Calvary Hospital
The Bereavement Counselor will be working in our facility (either day or evening shift). The Bereavement Counselor is responsible for assisting the Director of Bereavement in training volunteers/interns, participating in educational programs and facilitating support groups for bereaved children, teens, and adults.
- Plans and facilitates Bereavement Support Groups for children, teens, and adults.
- Conducts intake interviews to appropriately place individuals in support groups.
- Counsels and/or refers individuals to outside clinicians as appropriate.
- Maintains client records for individuals and attends bereavement programs.
- Conducts outreach to strengthen existing programs by building relationships with new (and existing) referral sources including hospitals, schools, and clinicians
- Collaborates with Director of Bereavement and Bereavement Teams to coordinate Camp Campus events for bereaved children during the summer
- Works within legal, ethical practice standards to his/her position as well as Calvary’s Code of Conduct. Complies with appropriate policies and procedures and brings potential compliance matters to supervisor or compliance officer.
- Master’s degree in either counseling, social work or early childhood education required; Certification in Thanatology preferred.
- Minimum of two years in related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exhibits an ability and attitude relative to the spirit of caring and tradition at Calvary Hospital as required by specific job duties and functions.
Application For Employment
- Download Application (PDF)
- Click the “Download Application” link above
- Save the PDF to your computer
- Open the PDF in Acrobat Reader
- Complete the application (type in the areas highlighted in blue)
- Save the completed application to your computer* and email it to email@example.com
* If you have any trouble filling out and saving the PDF, you may also print it, fill it out, and mail it to:
c/o Human Resources
1740 Eastchester Rd
Bronx, NY 10461
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org