EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 4, 2021, Calvary’s guidelines for normal visitation is as follows:
- Visiting hours. In-person visits are allowed daily from 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm at the Bronx campus and 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm at the Brooklyn campus
- Each patient may have two visitors at a time. Visitors may swap throughout this period with no limitation
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room unless instructed otherwise by the staff
- All visitors must be more than 18 years of age
- Entrance screening. All visitors must agree to abide by CDC/DOH guidelines about COVID-19. We will take the temperature of all visitors and inquire about their exposure to COVID-19 and symptoms during the previous 14 days.
- For the Brooklyn campus only: NYU Langone mandates that visitors show proof of COVID19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the past 72 hours. A self-administered test or positive antibody test is not acceptable.
- Calvary reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor due to their health status
- PPE. We will provide visitors with a face mask to wear. The mask must be worn at all times during the visit
- Remote visits. To arrange a remote visit for family members and patients using FaceTime or Zoom, contact Social Work/Family Care at 718-518-2000, ext. 2365
Visitation Policy for Critical Patients at the Bronx campus:
- Visitation hours are 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Two (2) visitors are allowed during this time frame. Current NYDOH regulations allows up to two (2) support persons to remain with patients in imminent end-of-life situations (critical status)
- Overnight visitation (9:00 pm to 9:00 am) is permitted. One (1) visitor (support person) may remain overnight with a critical patient. (Swapping is not permitted during overnight visitation.)
** The Department of Health is mandating that we collect specific information about our visitors. Please have your Driver’s License or other identification available and have it ready for scanning. If you do not have identification, please speak to us at the registration desk.
Exceptions to Our Visiting Policy
If you have a situation in which you want to request an exception to our current policy for regular and critical patients, please note that they may be granted on an “as needed” basis. If you want to make a request, please contact Social Work/Family Care at 718-518-2000, ext. 2365.
The New York State Department of Health also offered this guidance: Visitors should understand that they might acquire COVID-19 by entering a hospital and should make an informed decision whether the benefits of a visit outweigh the risks. “Individuals age 70 years or older, or those with chronic medical conditions, are not encouraged to visit at this time due to increased risk of COVID-19 infection.”
Family Care Center
In 2004, when Calvary opened the Family Care Center at the Bronx Campus, it was the first of its kind. Adult and younger visitors often visit the FCC as a respite from the patient floors. They may check email, read newspapers, get a manicure or massage, grab a cup of coffee, or simply gather their thoughts.